24 May 2017

These photographs were made in St John’s College Waterford which was closed as a seminary in 1999 due to declining vocations. St. John’s College was founded in 1807 and located at John’s Hill since 1870. It had trained over 1,000 men for the priesthood by the time of its closure – in 1999 it had 12 trainees down from a peak of 100 in the 1940’s.